Health for all!
From the Dialog Forum Health Hamburg-Tanzania 2013, the Network Health has developed in Hamburg. We consist of interested individuals from a variety of medical institutions and professions. We are united by our interest in enabling good health for people around the world and making our contribution by working in partnership with colleagues from Tanzania. 2020 we celebrate 10 years of togetherness Twinning in Hamburg and Dar es Salaam.
We want to:
- make an important contribution to improving health care for the people of Dar es Salaam
- develop offerings for interested professionals and promote engagement
- bring developmental health issues into the discussion in Hamburg, especially in events and expert meetings
- learn from Tanzania in different areas (e-health, structural considerations) and carry impulses into our health care system
In Tanzania, our partners are also very interested in further developing the cooperation between the various partners and promoting the exchange of experience and also joint further training.
In 2018/9, we succeeded in establishing three clinic partnerships (funded by BMZ) that enable exchanges in both directions.
We would be happy if there would be more.
In Hamburg we meet regularly, inform and support each other.
- Information about different perspectives and aspects of the different health systems and about new developments in the health sector of Germany and Tanzania.
- Technical discussions with partners from Tanzania or Germany on special topics.
- Sharing health issues and effective ways to collaborate.
- Mutual assistance in building partnerships and exchanging professionals.
- New funding opportunities and the development of new formats for professional staff exchanges.
- Further development of cooperation and public relations. The network informs about its work through joint events and tries to inspire and involve further professionals.
Everybody who is interested is welcome!
If you are interested in our network, just contact us. We will be happy to put you on our mailing list and invite you to our meetings.
On the Tanzania side, there is no comparable network to date. We work with different hospitals in Dar es Salaam, the government health authorities, the CSSC (umbrella organization of church health facilities), as well as insurance companies and other organizations, and support local efforts to strengthen cooperation.